Welcome to the LotteLink's matrix homeserver!
A matrix server that constantly lives on the bleeding edge. We've got working animated profile pictures, URL previews, increased upload limits, better image thumbnailing for low-bandwidth devices, an actual existing userbase consisting of a significant amount of people and plenty more.
- Want an account? You should be able to register using any Matrix client (e.g Riot, Element, Nheko, Mirage, you name it) that supports self-serve registration. If you'd like to register online, you can use the web chat client linked in the bullet below. Please read the Usage Terms before signing up, though.
- Already have an account? Go to the browser chat client or, even better, download a better one
If you're new to the concept of matrix servers, just keep in mind that if you ever want to sign into an account created on this server, you'll need to change the homeserver options of your client to point to
matrix.lotte.link or it won't let you log in. See the Tips section below.
- Put simply: Don't be a terrible person. It's not easy to tell if you're being a terrible person, so while you're using this server, follow the advice of the people around you. If people think you're being annoying, please don't be.
- You are not allowed to break the law. Specifically, you need to comply with the law in England (Server location), Germany (Part of traffic forwarding) and your own country (e.g the United States).
- Keep in mind that if the authorities ask me for more information about you in the event that you break the law, I have to comply. If you do something terrible, then I have to tell them everything I know about you (your username, e-mail, IP, etc).
- By communicating with my homeserver, you agree to allow the Matrix Synapse server to collect and store all of the data it needs to collect to function (such as your username, IP, unencrypted messages if you don't turn on end-to-end encryption, everything else) - See their GitHub for implementation specific details. You are also giving the homeserver administrator(s) access to this data.
- NSFW (Not safe for work) or otherwise explicit/sexual/lewd content must not be posted unless it is done so in rooms that can only be accessed by adults.
- You may be banned/kicked from rooms and communities for any reason. You may not hold the matrix homeserver administrator(s) responsible or get us involved if you are removed from a group.
- Your account may be terminated for any reason. You may terminate your own account, too.
- Forgetting your password is the end. You should've written it down somewhere. E-mail is a horrible pain and exposes potential security risks, as such it is not an acceptable account recovery process. As well as this, end-to-end encryption makes account recovery even more difficult. If you forget your password, you will need a new account.
- We don't care what political views people hold, as long as they're not illegal (Sheesh, what world do we live in where that would be the case? Oh wait...) If you disagree with somebody and they aren't saying anything that could get me into trouble, don't report it. I don't care unless it actually matters to my safety.
- No automated access to the homeserver. As in, no bots. Particularly malicious ones. Don't try to scam people. Don't intentionally try to use more of my system resources than you need. Don't be a pain.
- If you don't think you're ever going to use your account again, deactivate it. That might make it a bit easier for me to free up some disk space later down the line.
- matrix.lotte.link is the homeserver, and this is what you'll want to tell your matrix client. It will likely ask you what your "matrix server" is - use this address.
- If you've signed up for an account on my homeserver, you need to tell your matrix client to connect to my matrix server, otherwise it will likely tell you that it can't find your account.
- riot.lotte.link has nothing to do with the homeserver, and is just a web client. You can use it if you'd like, but it's generally a good idea to download a desktop client.
- Remember, you're using Matrix! Use end-to-end encryption on your messages as much as possible, because you can, and you should! You'll feel a lot, lot safer compared to the complete lack of privacy you'd get on garbage chat clients like Discord.
If you'd like to keep the homeserver operational, consider supporting me here. It's completely optional, but much appreciated, and it'd really help me pay my bills, keep the electricity on, etc.